Saturday 17 September 2011

BEAUTY美丽日记: Falsies Are My Besties!

I remember how I used to say ‘NO’ to wearing makeup. “Nah, it won’t make any difference.” “Ah, so expensive.” “No, lazy to do that.” “How? I don’t know what is suitable for me.”

Then, somehow, I don’t know how, I started to put on makeup. Starting by only lipstick/lip gloss, then eyeliner, then eye shadow, and blusher, then mascara, eyebrow, and finally, false eyelashes! (Nope, I still don’t wear foundation/face makeup, don’t like the feeling of whole face covered with cosmetics. Maybe one day I will start? LOL.) I know there are some people out there being anti-makeup, i.e. they believe in natural pretty look and all sort of blah blah blah. Well, no comment.

I did not buy and try on false eyelashes all these while as I thought it is difficult (impossible) to wear them, until my cousins and one friend’s sister convinced me that it is not difficult at all, if you use a good bottle of glue. Forget about those small tubes of glue that come with the eyelashes in the packing, they won’t work. So spend on the glue, while cheap eyelashes will do, as long as you like the pattern.

Dinner Look


Many say that one should apply mascara after wearing false eyelashes, to combine both your real and false eyelashes in one. However, I prefer the other way round, as I don’t want to spoil the structure of those eyelashes. [TIPS: And, eyeliner is a must, to cover up the small gap of skin between the false and real eyelashes.]



For Day Look
First, trim the eyelashes so that it suits the size of your eyes. Apply a small amount of glue on the roots, wait for a few seconds so that the glue is half dry. Then, look into the mirror, and place the eyelashes on your eyelid, as close as possible to the root of your real eyelashes. Hold the false eyelashes and press them gently onto your skin. Release your hand when you feel that they are secured, and that’s it!



I have two pair of false eyelashes, one for casual look (bought in DAISO, RM5 for 2 pairs) and one for dinner look (from SASA, RM20 plus). 


And this is the glue I use, also from SASA, recommended by my friend’s sister. It works well.

Thank goodness, he never object/disagree on my makeup or anything else that I like to do. Can’t tolerate with those controlling freaks who don’t like this and that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...