Friday 16 September 2011

KITCHEN厨房日记: Shortbread Cookies

He said, “All the cookies that you’ve made, taste similar! Just like normal butter cookies.”

I said, “Can’t you be more supportive? I am lack of proper equipments and ingredients…”

So, I searched for something different and this is what I found – Shortbread Cookies. A recipe simple enough to be followed, without having to worry about the baking soda/powder! And my arm can relax this time!



Mix flour, butter, salt and sugar in a bowl with fingers (see, I told ya), then add in eggs, lemon juice and almond extract (I use pandan extract because he hates almond flavor, feel free to sub with other flavor anyway). Continue mixing and shape them into ball, wrap in plastic sheet and refrigerate overnight.

Let it cool down to room temperature and roll it into flat disk. Cut the dough with your desired shape cutter, I choose love shape since they are for my love ones. [TIPS: It’s hard to work with soft dough, try once and you know what I mean. Place the rolled-out dough in fridge for a few minutes to firm up before cutting.] Arrange them on baking tray and bake (Hah, these cookies don’t expand, since no baking soda/powder is used).

The texture is a bit chewy, since the flour content is high. Perfect for those who like to have something to bite as snacks, but not so suitable for kids and elderly.



And yes, these cookies got a nod from him, saying, “Wow! This is really homemade cookies! I like it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...