Sunday 15 January 2012

KITCHEN厨房日记: Tom Yum Pasta

I started to reduce the intake of hot and spicy food since teenage due to few reasons. Firstly, I have bad skin problems and spicy food prompt acnes and pimples. Besides that, my stomach is too tender to process those red hot spicy chili, I will end up staying in the toilet if I consume too much spicy food. However, the truth is, I like to eat spicy food, and my favourite will be Tom Yum. (Curry is second, love curry laksa/noodles too!)

Thought of the can of Tom Yum paste in my fridge, owned by my housemate, I bought Tom Yum cubes in Jusco stores. I think they are versatile, they can be used in cooking soup, frying rice or noodles, and preparing sauce as well. I used them to cook Pasta in Tom Yum Soup, almost as easy as cooking instant noodles. Just cook veggies like tomato, capsicum/peppers, cabbage and etc. in water, add in Tom Yum cube and stir well. 



Add in boiled pasta in the soup, season with salt and paprika/chili powder and they are ready to be served. [TIPS: Cook the veggies in correct sequence to get the ideal texture according to your preference. I personally prefer the cabbage and tomato to be soft but capsicum/pepper to be crunchy.]


And, I seriously need a bigger kitchen. All I have now is a tiny (not even small!) corner. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...