Sunday 20 May 2012

KITCHEN厨房日记: Walnut Cookies


I actually reserved these walnuts for Walnuts Tarts. However, somehow, and I don’t know why, I decided to use them for these Walnut Cookies. This is the first time I make cookies with fillings in it, rather than plain ones.

Chop the walnuts and set them aside. [TIPS: Feel free to substitute with other nuts. The original ingredient in recipe is pecan actually, but it is easier to get walnuts in Malaysian stores.] Then, beat butter for a minute, and beat in sugar for another minute till light and fluffy. I hate this ‘light and fluffy’ term in bakery recipe, it means ‘work out your arms without an electric mixer’. Awwh, when can I own one?

After that, add in flour, salt and vanilla essence into the batter and mix well. Fold in the walnuts, shape the dough in balls and arrange them on baking tray. Gently flatten them with the bottom of a glass and sprinkle sugar on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes, and you got your cookies. 



I am surprised that the texture of these cookies is quite crunchy, without using baking powder/soda. Hmm, I wish to share my bakery with more friends (if they are willing to try LOL). When the chances come, I will prepare for you all, I promise (*wink*).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...