Saturday 17 March 2012

KITCHEN厨房日记: Cookies Family

When I am small (and young) and still living with parents, I help my mum to make tong yuen (glutinous rice ball) during solstice festival every year. My mum tends to make those rice balls in different sizes, and I wonder why (hah, must because of inconsistency?). She answered, “Those small and big tong yuen represent members in a family, we have grandparents, and we have grandchildren too, isn’t that meaningful?” I remember those words until these days. Hence, I tend to make cookies in different sizes too.



I think they look cute these ways! Big and small round cookies together. They are Butterscotch Cookies, though I think they taste just like normal butter cookies. Melt butter and dark brown sugar in a pot, till they turn into golden brown paste with nice fragrance. [TIPS: I couldn’t find dark brown sugar in most stores, hence I just use light brown sugar, which slash down the ‘butterscotch’ to ‘butter’ I guess. Any idea on where I can get dark brown sugar?] Then, mix in flour, baking powder, salt and egg. Shape the dough and arrange the cookies on greased/non-stick baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes and make sure you keep an eye when baking, as they turn dark quite fast.


They taste very sweet, perfect to be dipped in milk, while they sweetened the milk too! And these are my breakfast for 5 working days. No choice, living cost is high nowadays, gotta save more (*hmm* for clothing & make up).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...