Sunday 21 April 2013

KITCHEN厨房日记: Carrot Cupcakes

Ohla~ Bakery girl back in action!

After months of abandoning my bakery hobby, as I busy moving into new place without an oven and without extra space for me to fit in an oven, I finally picked those utensils up again today, using the oven in his house!


 Nothing fancy, as usual. I opt for recipe that is low cost, easy to take & go as breakfast, easy to make, and easy to store. This time, it's carrot cupcakes. Carrot is good for our eyes eh, which office girl doesn't read whole day long?



I modify this from Vanilla Cupcake recipe. Simple steps, beat butter and sugar, then blend in with eggs and vanilla essence. Then, add in flour and milk alternately in 3 additions, continue beating the batter until you get a smooth texture. Simply toss in chopped carrots, fill them into moulds and bake for 20 mins. [TIPS: I think grinding some of the carrot before mixing them into the batter will give a richer taste]





As I expected, the cakes don't taste much of carrots, but I can surely feel every bit of chopped carrot. Really healthy feel, definitely healthier choice than Mee Kicap or Nasi Lemak.

Searching for some new recipes today, eying on Banana Muffins, will try it out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...