Sunday 19 June 2011

BEAUTY美丽日记: Get ‘Phweet’ with Veet

This has been my companion, and also savior for the past 6 years. Back in secondary school, I started to hate how my legs look like, they are hairy! Not those short and tiny, merely invisible hair, but long and coarse, plus curly hair! However, I did not take any action to solve this back then, due to lack of information, motivation and determination.

So, when my girl friends in university saw my legs, they were like “Oww! You are so hairy!” Yes, I am a million-hair, inherited from my father. Luckily, they are very helpful, introducing me to wax strip and shaving cream from Veet, encouraging me to face and solve the problem that has troubled me for years. Since then, I use this regularly, as part of my beauty and grooming routine.


After trying both wax strip and shaving cream, I definitely prefer wax strip. Shaving cream just make your hair softer and allows you to shave them without blade, hence the re-growth is fast. On the other hand, wax strip removes the roots and follicles, which slows down the re-growth, up to weeks or even months. For my case, the re-growth takes about 2 weeks, but I only wax once a month and avoid wearing shorts/skirts when the hair are obviously visible.

Just follow the instruction on the packet and you will have smooth and shiny legs. Wipes are provided with the wax strips to clean your legs after waxing. [TIPS: Wax does not dissolve in water. If you run out of the wipes, use baby oil or olive oil to remove the wax residue.] Tiny red spots visible at the removed hair roots are normal, but remember not to apply any chemical products such as lotion, scrub, cream, perfume & etc. on legs within 24 hours after waxing.

There are few scent available – original, strawberry and aloe vera for different type of skin. I choose aloe vera since it is moisturizing. And, yes, you have to endure the pain but believe me, after a few strips you will get used to it. [TIPS: Missed out few hairs on your legs during waxing? Don’t waste another wax strip! Instead, rub your finger with some sticky wax from the used strip and pluck out the left-out hair.]

Warning: Disgusting pictures coming! No pictures of me waxing my legs though, it’ll be too obscene. LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...