Saturday 15 October 2011

KITCHEN厨房日记: Cinnamon Snap Cookies

I don’t know why it is called ‘Snap’ cookies. Well, I love these cookies to the max! The texture is light and crunchy, brown in color and full of aroma from the cinnamon powder. Reminds me of Auntie Anne’s Cinnamon Breadstick, time to have one I guess!


It's fun to make cookies. The interesting part of making these cookies is you will need to shape the dough into a log (cylinder) with about 2 inches diameter and slice it. The dough looks a bit like meaty loaf of ham, reminds me of the delicious ham sandwich I had in Sri Petaling 2 years back. Aww, sinful cookies, make me crave of even more food.


Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder, set aside. Then, beat butter and sugar till they are light and fluffy. Add in honey and egg, continue beating till well corporate. When the batter is done, add in the flour mixture and slowly mix them until you get smooth dough. Shape them into a log (cylinder) and wrap with plastic. Keep in the freezer for at least 2 hours, so that it will harden. Then, slice them into few mm thick and dip one side into cinnamon and sugar mixture. Arrange them on a baking tray (non stick, or greased with butter, or wrap with aluminium foil) and bake for 10 mins.

Love these cookies! It’s addictive, and perfect to be my breakfast which I eat them together with fresh milk. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...