Saturday 1 October 2011

KITCHEN厨房日记: Pasta & Veggies in Creamy Milky Soup

I love to eat fish head/fish vermicelli soup (a Chinese dish back in my hometown), because of the milky and creamy texture of the soup. I had a nice one recently with my family, and I almost finished the whole bowl of soup. Then my mum reminded me, “You can cook this anytime when you want in your own way, even with just veggies and noodles.”

So, the idea strikes my mind when I had to settle my own dinner that day. Can’t remember where he was going, leaving me alone. Never mind, I am a tough girl. I used romaine, broccoli and cherry tomatoes (yes, all these for one portion of meal) for this Pasta & Veggies in Creamy Milky Soup. Firstly, sauté garlic in a pan till golden yellowish. Add in all the veggies and mix well. [TIPS: I boiled the broccoli for few minutes prior to frying them, so that they will cook at the same rate with romaine and tomatoes.]



Then, add in your preference type of noodle/vermicelli and continue cooking for a while. Pour in mixture of water/broth and milk into the pan, mix well with seasonings like salt, black pepper and spices, and keep cooking until the soup boils. Serve them in a nice bowl, and I got my precious dinner!



Oops, looks like there were more veggies than noodles in my bowl! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...