Monday 29 August 2011

KITCHEN厨房日记: Pasta & Romaine in Creamy Sauce


A lovely, sunny bright day started with a car service (fixing my poor starter switch, which always rebel and make me stomping the ground) and then lunch, alone. I only had rice, onion, pasta and other dry ingredients in my kitchen, so it’s time to stock up some fresh ingredients in my fridge. Veggie is a good choice, since it contains high fiber and vitamins, and helps to control your weight. I seldom buy meat to cook, as they are a bit pricey if compared to veggies, and more tedious to prepare.

Since I only had to cook one meal for single portion, I just bought a packet of Romaine, which is more than enough actually. Based on what I had in kitchen, I came up with this recipe, Pasta & Romaine in Creamy Sauce. This is very simple to prepare, yet tasty enough to serve guest in party or gathering.

While boiling water and cooking pasta (I used Macaroni), sauté chopped onion in olive oil with seasonings like black pepper and basil leaves. Then, add in Romaine and stir for a while, before adding in the Macaroni. Combine with cream sauce and continue frying till they corporate well. [TIPS: Since cream is expensive in Malaysia, costs RM9 at 200ml, I use a cheaper alternative, just melt some cheese in milk until they are creamy.]


When they are done, remove from heat and sprinkle with Paprika on top. Love Paprika or any other spicy powder nowadays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...