Saturday 2 July 2011

BEAUTY美丽日记: Konichiwa ~

I love to wear traditional clothing, and 2 of my favourites are Cheongsam (Chinese) and Kimono (Japanese). I tried Cheongsam a few times during some events or performance back in school and university, and I felt great! (It’s not easy to fit in Cheongsam, ya know.) Too bad, I do not have any (nice) pictures that time to share with.

So, one more to go! I love Kimono too, the big wrap around with wide belt hugging your waist, tied with a big ribbon at the back. Can’t resist anything with ribbon! I once read from an article, that in ancient time, which is a conservative era, Kimono comes with a wide and thick belt at the waist so that women’s curve is not revealed. The belt is so thick that from side view, your chest and hips appear to be flat. [TIPS: Remember not to have a big feast prior to wearing Kimono, the belt will make your face turn green!]


To my surprise, Japanese Garden in Bukit Tinggi provides Kimono rental, at RM20 per person for about half an hour. Guys can rent a Samurai suit at same price too (actually it’s just like a Kimono, not the one with armor like you see in tv). Wearing the suit, you can take photos in the hut and garden. Gosh, it’s not easy to move in Kimono! The long wrap around your leg restricts your leg movement when you walk, it’s meant to make you walk in smaller steps anyway.

Love this pose, looks feminine. (No? Nay...)

That's him! The koi fish loves him too I guess. *tee hee*

Welcome!


Waiting for the one

Well, didn’t expect the garden to be so small, with lots of steps made of stones. Not so suitable for elderly I suppose. Nevertheless, it’s still fun to be there, in a Kimono!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...