Saturday 14 May 2011

KITCHEN厨房日记: Biskut Bintang

This is an order from my lovely sister. Since her childhood (she’s still in her childhood anyway), I mean toddler age, she has started looking into kids cooking recipe and playing ‘mamasak’ (cooking toys). So, when I picked up bakery as my hobby, she searched for a recipe from a kids magazine and requested me to bake for her. Of course, as a loving sister, who loves her all the way, I agreed and asked her to give me one copy of the recipe.


She named it Biskut Bintang (Star Biscuits), since I told her I will substitute the M&M in original recipe with colorful star flakes. It tastes like butter cookies, and perfect as snacks for kids, well much better than junk food right? With our government’s decision to ban junk food in school canteen to fight obesity among children, isn’t this a loving move for the sake of our love ones?

Beat butter and sugar till creamy, if you don’t have a mixer, you just gotta train your arm muscles. Add in egg and vanilla essence and continue beating till smooth. Mix in flour, baking soda and star flakes/M&M and shape the dough. Arrange them on baking tray and bake. [TIPS: Do you know that cookies will expand in baking process due to the baking powder/soda? So, arrange them with sufficient space in between.]

Of course, she couldn’t be happier when she saw these cookies in a jar! More to come, sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...