Saturday 21 May 2011

KITCHEN厨房日记: Vanilla Cupcake

Back in February during an outing, one of my besties, Weiyi asked me. “What CAN a girl give her boyfriend as present? There are so little choices and I’m out of idea!” And this is my answer, the best quote of the year – “Ah Hah! That’s easy, cook or bake something for him! You just need to spend a few ringgits to buy flour, egg, milk and other ingredients!” Everyone burst in laughter, and he had this ‘sweat’ (=.=”) look on his face.

Well, he appreciates them, these Vanilla Cupcakes I made for him on his birthday, with frosting on top as decoration. I arranged 12 cupcakes in a box, with writings on the frosting made by the star flakes. Can you read them?


Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy (my poor arms), then add in egg one by one. Add flour into batter in 3 additions, alternating with milk and continue beating. Scoop into muffin cups/mould filling 2/3 full and bake in oven. Spread frosting (made of icing sugar, butter and milk) on top of the cupcakes and sprinkle colorful star flake/rice/balls as decoration. [TIPS: Let the cupcakes cool to room temperature before you spread the frosting, they need some time to hold]


I’m going to make this for my sis when I go back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...